There are many factors to consider when choosing the right foundation for your skin. Just because a product is highly recommended by others, doesn’t mean it’s going to work for your own needs.
Finding the right foundation involves more than just getting the perfect color match, you also need to consider your skin’s type and concerns. Are you dry with a tendency to flake? Or combination with an oily t-zone? Figuring out your skin’s quirks is a vital step in your journey to finding your perfect match.
Once you’ve done so, all you need to do is find a foundation that matches your needs. But with so many options out there, this can take a while. So we created this handy guide to help!
Almost every foundation on the market falls into one of these categories, have a read-through to see which one might suit you best!
- Buildable coverage
- Good for oily skin
- Generally good for blemish-prone skin
- Not great for dry skin - can encourage flaking and highlight fine lines
- Can be fast drying and therefore sometimes difficult to blend
- Lightweight with a natural-looking finish
- Good for dry or combination skin
- Tends to exacerbate oily skin, resulting a greasy finish
- Can look patchy after a certain amount of wear
Pressed-Powder or Loose-Powder Foundations
- Fast & easy to apply
- Good for using over SPF products
- Good for touch-ups & absorbing excess oil
- Can sink into pores and look cakey
- Can enhance the appearance of dry skin
Tinted Moisturiser & BB Creams
- Easy to color match due to their sheer coverage
- Often contain SPF
- Often extremely moisturizing
- Low coverage
- Easy to blend
- Wide range of coverage & highly buildable
- Perfect for on the go touch-ups
- Suitable for most skin types
- Can be tricky to color match
Across your skin’s needs but not sure how to find your perfect color match? Click here to take our Color Quiz!